Learn to swim at Gungahlin Leisure Centre
Gungahlin Leisure Centre is proud to deliver the innovative GOswim program to students, families and the community in Gungahlin and surrounding ACT areas.
Powered by Swimming Australia, GOswim focuses on contemporary, experiential, activity based learning as a fun and engaging way for kids and adults to learn to swim and be safe around water. GOswim swimming lessons empower students to think, discuss and decide whilst having fun in and around water.
At Gungahlin Leisure Centre, GOswim swimming lessons are run in small graded classes with a fully trained swimming teacher year round.
The GOswim Program at Gungahlin Leisure Centre runs for 48-weeks throughout the year, with a 4 week break for Christmas Holidays. Allowing you to secure your spot all year long and receive the GOswim membership benefits including unlimited pool access outside of lessons, 4 weeks of family swim access over the summer break and enrolment in our GOswim Holiday Program.
Lessons cater for:
- Infant & Pre-school - designed for babies 6 months to 5 years attending with their parents/guardians to become familiar, comfortable and confident in and around the water.
- Primary - designed for students 5 years and older, each level has fun relatable characters to help students engage and recognise their progress through the program.
- Adults - designed for adults and teens aged 16+ to help build important skills and confidence in, on and around water.
- Developmental Squads - Our GOswim Academy bridges the gap between swimming lessons and Squads, perfect for students wanting to continue swimming training for fitness, fun or for school or club competition.
The curriculum covers five areas of learning. These areas are combined and presented as activities to enhance the students learning and development.
Key learning areas include:
- Safe entries and exits
- Balance, movement and recovery
- Breath control, submersion and readiness
- Water safety
- Swimming stoke development
GOswim Membership Inclusions
Whether you decide to join us for one or more lessons per week, we are here to support you and your development of water safety.
- Weekly Lessons Enjoy weekly swimming lessons all year round.
- Unlimited Swim Access Students enjoy access to our pool outside of lesson times.
- Easy and Affordable Payments With weekly payments, swimming lessons are more affordable and can be easily managed with our direct debit system.
- Ongoing Enrolment Preventing the need to re-enrol each term and offering you a preferred lesson time.
- Summer Family Swim Access throughout four week Christmas break.
- Integrated App Communicate and stay in touch with student’s progression, learning activities and outcomes via our Membership App.
- PLUS, One Week Holiday Swim Program Get exclusive access to 5 consecutive days of lessons during our summer holiday program in January each year.
- Lessons: start from $22.50 per week