Learn. Compete. Keep fit. Cool off.
There are a number of reasons why you’d get in a swimming pool. Learn to swim safely, do some laps in your own time or join a squad to take it up a notch. Well, you can do all of that at our state of the art aquatic centre.
Our nationally accredited swimming instructors teach both kids and adults how to swim safely in a number of environments. We’ll work on a number of strokes as well as key lifesaving skills.
Our kids and adults classes are run separately.
What to bring
- Kids aged three and under need to wear a swimming nappy
YMCA Swim Squads
Do you have your sights on the Olympics? Or do you just want to work on your stroke? Whatever your motivation, we’ve got a squad and swimming coach that’s the right fit for you.
- Bronze – train for school carnivals and local swim meets.
- Silver – take it up a notch to compete at district and metro levels.
- Gold – train for state and national championships.
- SwimFit – work on your fitness in the water.
- Adult Masters – focuses on fitness, speed and stroke.
- Canberra Amateur Swim Club – supporting swimmers at all levels of completion. Find out more
Aquatics for fun
Getting in the pool can be a whole lot of fun – and great for your health.
YMCA Aqua Aerobics – a fun and low impact workout that will help improve your fitness, strength or recover from an injury.
We run swimming and water safety lessons for people with disability. Find out more.